A few days ago I shared pictures of a ‘Chicken and Bread Bake’ that my mother made, and was asked to share the recipe. The recipe credit actually goes to a friend of my mother’s from whom my mother learned the recipe herself a few years ago. I hope you guys try it and enjoy it as much as we do!
CHICKEN AND BREAD BAKE
- Boneless Chicken: 1 lb
- Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper: 1 (finely chopped)
- Peas: 1 cup
- Carrots: 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Onions, finely chopped
- White Bread: About 7 slices
- Tomato Ketchup
- Grated/Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated/Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ginger and Garlic Pastes
- Black Pepper Powder
- Prepare Chicken: In a pressure cooker, throw in the boneless chicken, ginger paste, garlic paste, some salt, and one teaspoon of black pepper powder. Pressure cook for about 10-15 minutes with no more than half a cup of water. If there is still some water left once you open the cooker, let it evaporate. Make sure all the pieces disintegrate and shred. Let cool a little so it’s easier to handle.
- To the chicken add diced capsicum, peas and carrots [we stick to Capsicum only since we aren’t fans of too many vegetables in our stuff]. Mix and add mayonnaise.
- In an oven-safe dish lay out white bread as a nice and tightly packed base.
- Generously pour and spread tomato ketchup over the bread.
- Create a layer of the chicken mixed with vegetables.
- Sprinkle onions according to your preference and liking for them.
- Generously sprinkle the grated cheddar and mozzarella over all this.
- Put into a pre-heated oven (350F is ideal), and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Pull out of the oven, let cool slightly so the cheese sets.
Enjoy, and let me know if you try this!